Thursday, January 17, 2013

Post Holiday / Herrnhut

Wow, thank you so much for your patience on my blog posts! I have decided that a new year and season calls for a new blog. So, from now on all of my updates will be posted here. I hope your holiday season was as blessed as mine. I felt so privileged to be able to spend Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years all with my family in the U.S. / Nicaragua.
I have been back in Herrnhut for a week now. It is pretty quiet considering all of the students are on outreach until next month. Although, this has allowed us to work on renovating some areas around the base before everyone returns. So, I have been able to keep busy.
I am so excited to be staffing our new, Revive, DTS in April! It has been so awesome to read through the applications of the students. I am getting antsy to meet them all. :)
There are currently five of us staffing this school and about 30 students who have been accepted so far. It is so incredible to partner with God and be a part of what he is doing here in Herrnhut, but also in the nations.
We as staff for this school have decided to go to the YWAM base in Amsterdam for a week of DTS staff training. It is from January 27 - February 1 and I can't wait to see what comes out of it. It will be our first 'outing' as school staff, so a drive to Amsterdam will be some great team building!
Thank you all so much for praying for myself and YWAM Herrnhut. There are some very exciting changes taking place around the base this season (our base is expanding to Czech Republic, Florida, and possibly China).

Curious on what we could use prayer for? Here it is!
*We felt God speaking 50 students for the Revive DTS. We currently have 30 or more and are constantly getting new applications in. Prayer for the students that God wants to attend, for their hearts to be touched and boldness to step out into this five month journey.
Our base has also felt from God, for quite a while now, that we are to drop our price of lecture phase down to 800 euro. This is pretty unheard of in the YWAM world! The Revive DTS will be the first school to run on this budget. Can't wait to see what God is going to do!

Happy January to you all :)
Much love